Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Interview with Deano, Frontier Wakeskates

On Saturday, 26th February I interviewed my brother, Andrew 'Deano' Deane. Although younger than me, he is an inspiration in his creativity, ingenuity, his can-do-anything attitude, his mad board skills and his downright honest personality. He has a fascination with media, design and construction, is a skilled photographer, board rider and the owner and maker of Australia's only wood wake-skate company Frontier Wakeskates.



We spoke about what drew him to photography and digital video, the freedom and ease new media technologies enable in terms of creativity and timely exposure, the benefits underground sports may experience in terms of growth and progression, the advantages a smaller grassroots company can have over the larger brands and I also found out more about his latest project.



Click here to view Part One of my interview with Deano.


And here for Part Two.


I really enjoyed the interview, I discovered some interesting views on sports media and I loved being on location filming.

Here are a couple more clips, filmed and edited by Deano, on wakeskating in Melbourne and Frontier Wakeskates.

No comments:

Post a Comment